Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Jewelry - Out of Sight, Out of Mind


When I work with a client in her closet invariably the discussion turns to jewelry. Does she have some? Like it? Not like it? Wear it? What kind...fine jewelry? Costume? Bridge? You get the idea.
Finally, I ask to see it. Can I tell you how many times that turns out to be a huge ordeal! At least 75% of the time her jewelry is either in a drawer in boxes, scattered in a jewelry box or in another room (in boxes, drawers or bags)!
Then, of course, I ask if she wears it. The answer is almost always...not really.
I can tell you right now that if your jewelry is strewn somewhere or neatly (or not so neatly) tucked away in boxes two things are generally true:
* It's too much trouble to get to it to wear it.
* You probably have things you've forgotten about.
Thirdly, you might not love it enough to keep it handy so you can wear it. All of this could be remedied if you can create a way to display your jewelry. Several things will happen:
* You feel renewed excitement at the idea of wearing it.
* You will be able to find it easily - which is more likely to translate into you wearing it more, too.
* You will become acutely aware of what you no longer like or what doesn't go with anything or is out of style which makes it much easier to purge.
The question then becomes, how do you display it?
Well, as you know, I spend time in lots of closets and have come across a number of women who have devised clever ways of organizing and storing their jewelry so it's readily visible.
They are delighted to share their ideas with you:
Annie loves to take unusual containers and turn them into jewelry holders. Simply go to Bed Bath & Beyond and pick up a silverware tray and, voila, you can store your jewelry just like she does.
Amy took one shelf of in her closet to display her necklaces by attaching hooks. It was easy to see what she has and coordinate it with her clothes.
Claudyne lives in a fabulous old house that has a bit pole running through her walk-in closet. She attached plastic hooks and hangs all of her necklaces there. You can easily see what she has so getting dressed and accessorized is simple.
I also recently found this fun jewelry organizer on-line: http://www.belledangles.com/ I haven't tried it but it looks promising. If anyone tries it I would love to hear what you think.
Lastly, I have a fabulous cabinet that doubles as a full-length mirror that I keep in my bedroom filled with all my jewels! It comes in several wood finishes, and the price has dropped since I got it so now's your chance.
It doesn't matter how you store your jewelry as long as you can see it and get to it easily. Like most other things when it's out of sight it's out of mind. Let me know what works for you!
Do you avidly watch shows like "What Not to Wear" and think "if only I could have a wardrobe makeover," but you can't see how the transformation would translate for you? Then I can help. Over the past 23 years as a fashion stylist in the Boston area, I have found that many women are ignoring, hiding or are just plain unaware of their innate beauty. Believe it or not, you do not have to be rich and famous or young and thin to have the look you dream of. Yes, with a little guidance you can learn how to dress with joy and ease.
Click here for my Free "Beauty Tool Kit" http://www.totalimageconsultants.com/subscribe.shtml
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6372743


www.peluangonlinejitu.com

4000 TV channels
Download TV Software. It's safe to install.
Safe to install software
Download TV Software. It's safe to install.
Number one rated software

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive